Monday, January 12, 2009

A Young Maiden's Daybook - My First Entry


Today…
the evening of January 12, 2009

Outside my window…
I see the lights of cars going down our street.

I am thinking…
that this is a fun meme!

I am thankful for…
rest.

I am wearing…
a jean skirt, pink shirt and blue hoodie.

I am reading…
Leviticus, Psalms and Step to the Stars by Lester Del Rey (a great sci-fi book!)

I am creating…
an embroidered pillowcase

One of my favorite things…
reading.

For education this week…
I'm a kind of dreading math. It's not one of my strongest subjects!

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning...
knitting.

A spiritual lesson I’m learning...
cheerfulness.

A godly character trait I plan to work on…
doing tasks because I love the one I'm doing them for, not because I have to.

Scripture I am memorizing…
Isaiah 64:8 "But now, O Lord, Thou art our father; we are the clay, and Thou our potter; we are the work of Thy hand."

I am praying for…
my Great Great Aunt Ruth who is very sick with cancer.

For the rest of the week…
I am hoping to get better from my cold, will buy a gift for a friend and take it to the post office so it can get to her in time for her birthday and am using "Our Senses" as my theme for preschool time.

A picture I'd like to share...
In a fierce game of Monopoly, my Uncle Rusty was down to ten dollars and a mortgaged property. But, what do you know, in the he landed on the biggest Free Parking jackpot known in the history of our family.





Would you like to participate in A Young Maiden's Daybook? Sign up at Ally's blog, Firmly Fixed on the Father.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for participating!
I enjoyed reading your entry.
The picture of your Uncle made me chuckle :)
You asked about "The Courtship of Jeff McLean":
I can't say too much about it, yet, since I've only read a few chapters. But I really like what I've read already!
I read "Waiting For Her Isaac" and enjoyed it immensely!
I, also, noticed the post you made about 'crushes'. I really enjoyed reading what you wrote!
It's very encouraging to see other young ladies fight against the modern day's view on romance!
This is one of my biggest passions.
I listed a series of posts I wrote
in my sidebar entitled 'Maidens In Waiting'. I've also recently written a 3 post series on
'Youthful Romance:The Dangers of Dating' that you can find in my "Musings of a Maiden"
category :)... in case you're interested :)
Anyway,I hope you have a great week!
~Alexandra