Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quilting Class


Remember the quilting class I mentioned on Monday? Well, Mother Dear and I went last night, and learned a good amount of ways to make quilt blocks. For Hanukkah I received this class, as well as some Dick and Jane material for a quilt I'd been eyeing. I can't wait to start! I learned how to make the quilt blocks I'll be using for this quilt at the class, so I'm pretty set to go. I'll keep you all updated on how it's coming as soon as I sew my first block!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the quilting class Allison, Stephanie, and I took! The best part is when you can see the finished product. :) Is it just me, or is your hair curly in that picture? :P

~Kayla

Miss Serenity said...

Kayla- Well, this one was just a one-time class to teach you the basics. I did enjoy it, though!

Yes, my hair is curly there. :) I asked Mom to give me four french braids the day before, so that I could have some curly hair just for fun, without having to deal with the curling iron. :)

Serenity

Gabrielle Joy said...

Sounds fun! I am working on a quilt too, but it is going slow, as I have a ton of other projects I am working on too!
Have you ever tried an inside out french braid? I do two(like pigtails), and my hair gets really curly. And if this is a hint, a curling iron and a whole bottle of hair spray WILL NOT curl my hair! So it really works!
Hope you are feeling better! I have a nasty cold too, and I am trying to stay away from Pneumonia too!
Have a wonderful day!
Hannah
1 Corinthians 15:58

Anonymous said...

I love to sew and quilt! What fun. i have awarded you come by my blog to see what it's for.
Blessings,
Miss Hannah