Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hair Experimentations

Last week I was cruising the blog world, and found this deliciously delightful blog - 100% devoted to hair!! She Does Hair is a girly girl's dream.

This lady has three daughters, who, from what I can tell, are extremely patient, which she uses as guinea pigs for the new hair styles she creates. Most of the 'do's are just normal styles she tweaks a bit, so if you've had some experience doing hair, they shouldn't be too much of a challenge. If you don't, well, now is a good time to learn! I've had lots of fun learning to tame my sissy's tresses. In fact, here's MIT #2 now (please pardon the bad pictures; she was absolutely not in the mood for posing or sitting still).....














If you have some cute hair pictures you've blogged about, I would love to see them! Also, tell me what you think of this great site. :)

6 comments:

possum said...

Hi,
I checked out that blog and the hair-do's are really interesting!!
The hair-do you did is awesome too!!

miss serenity said...

Thanks, Possum! I would love to see your hair creations on your sissies... :)

Miss Serenity

princessesindisguise said...

Awww, she's so cute! I can't wait 'til Baby C grows some hair! :) I'll have to try some new hairdos on K and C (seven and nine) for now. That blog is great!
~Princess S

Miss Serenity said...

Ah yes, I know. :) I have got the cutest little girl living right with me. It's a pleasure! Isn't it fun to have little sisters?

Love,
Miss Serenity

Grace said...

Those are some amazing hair dos! I want to know how you get her to sit for that - Bethie will barely sit still for one or maybe two little pony tails if I'm lucky. Usually she screams through the whole rituatal.
Blessings,
Grace

Miss Serenity said...

Hi Grace (for a second there I had to think about who "Grace" was :)! It's nice to hear from you.

Here are the things I do to try to get Little MIT to sit still:

I like to sit her at the table with a box of toys (like ponies or blocks) and do her hair while she is occupied.

Sometimes I just have her sit and try to make her stay still, and usually it works unless she's in a bad mood or it is a complecated hair 'do (or I'm just being a perfectionist!).

I like to make it seem like it's the time of her life to get her hair done. :) I usually coo and squeal as soon as I get done with one part of the 'do. I try to get her exited about it so she will cooperate.

Another thing I do if I'm in a rut: bribe. "Sissy will let you color with a *pink* marker soon if you let me finish!"

Well, that's what I've got to say on the matter. :)

Serenity