Monday, September 15, 2008

Stamping Fun

I have just learned the art of creating my own stationary! It all started a little more than a week ago on my weekly date with Mom.

While we were out and about, we stopped by the Craft Warehouse to check out some stamps that were on clearance. Mom had seen them there on a clearance table a few days before, and mentioned that it might be a good way to save money, instead of buying stickers, since I have a good amount of pen-pals and love decorating my letters. Here's what I ended up buying:


My mom happened to know that the Dollar Tree was carrying stamp pads at the time, so we drove on over. There were five colors to choose from, surprisingly enough since this is a dollar store (you know how they are), and I bought a few of each color I picked. The colors? Red, blue, pink and purple.


I had a couple of letters waiting to be written, so, what did I do when I sat down to write them? Tried out my new stamps, of course! Since I like having lines on my paper so I don't slant, I used some lined school paper and cut off the left side where the binder holes were. Then, I used my imagination (wouldn't Anne-with-an-"e" be proud? :) and started stamping away. Here's how the letters turned out:


All ready to go:


For fun, I decorated some plain envelopes too. With one of my letters I included a photo of myself to send to a new pen-pal, and to Princess S, I sent a recipe card (made with a stamp) with a granola recipe written on it.


I love that recipe stamp! I originally bought it to go in my hope chest, but decided to start using it now. :)
How do you like to decorate your letters? Do you have any creative ideas to share? I would love to hear them!
Love,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the preview. I can't wait to try out the granola recipe. :) We have some stamps too, but our inkpads are all dried out.
~Princess S