Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ester Ried, A Wonderful Book

Princess S over at Princesses in Disguise has written a post about her new favorite book - Ester Ried by Isabella Alden. I have just recently read this book and love it as well! Like Princess S said, it was pretty convicting. It helped me to remember to be a good witness for Christ, even to the people I see every day who need it the most from me, as their big sissy, my siblings. It's so easy to let my guard down when I'm around my family, being as they know me well and have seen me in my ups and downs.

Dear Lord, Help me be a good example to my brothers and sisters, encouraging them in their relationship with You. Please help me remember to be a good example each and every day, especially when I don't exactly feel like it. Lord, I know I am running this race for you and that you have promised to help me in times of need. Thank you, Father. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

2 comments:

Victoria Rebecca said...

I agree! Ester Reid is a wonderful book. I listened to it on the radio through a program called Christian Classics. I was completely captivated by the story.
God Bless
Victoria

Jennifer said...

Oh! You are so very sweet. I don't think I could have asked for a better daughter or a more wonderful first child. I praise God that He knew what this family needed when you were born first!

Mom