Saturday, September 6, 2008

By dis all men wull know...



This afternoon while they were finishing up lunch, I decided to try to teach Linus and MIT #2 a new memory verse. They have learned quite a few during preschool time with Mom this year, and have learned to enjoy it. I had been absentmindedly saying John 13:35 a few times out loud, and thought, hey, it's just me and them, why not give it a try and see how quickly they learn it? In case you're not familiar with the verse, it goes like this:


"By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
John 13:35

Here's how my first try went with MIT#2. I just said a couple of the words, then had her repeat them back to me, and went on with the next few words. I did the same with Linus, and he did very well the whole time. I think it would only take a few more times going over it, and he could have the whole thing down. Anyway, here's MIT #2:

"By dis all men wull know that you are my 'sciples, if you have...(I told her 'love', but here's what she said instead after a pause)...kithss! anoder one."

Tee hee! She's a cute one. :) After a few times saying it, here's how she would repeat it back to me:

"By dis all men wull know that you are my 'sciples, if you have wove - kithss! for anoder."

Just thought you might get a tickle out of that. Have a nice weekend!

*For those of you who haven't heard what "MIT" stands for, it stands for Mother in Training. :)

No comments: