Friday, September 5, 2008

Lavender Sachet Tutorial


Don't you love it when you open your drawer and smell a wonderful scent? For the last couple of days I've been having lots of fun making these sweet smelling, and cute, lavender sachets that are perfect for making your clothes smell nice. They are very easy and quick to make, so I thought you might have fun with them too. :)

First, go out and clip your lavender.


Next, tie the stems together and hang them upside down to dry. You should let your sprigs dry for about a week.

While you're waiting, or when your lavender is dried, sew up your sachet. Cut out the size you want of some pretty fabric.


Then pin the right sides together.


Now, run down to your sewing area...


and sew your sides together. Remember, leave about an inch or two un-sewed so you can stuff the lavender inside.


Now, turn your sachet inside out, and start stuffing in the lavender pieces. I like the satchels more full, but depending on how much lavender you have, and how you like it, maybe you'd like to do less.


Sew up your little side...


and you're done! If you like, you can add some decoration. Ribbons are fun. Just tie them on!



I like buttons too, so I did both.


I love how my sachet turned out! If you make one, or maybe a few, let me know how yours do. I'd love to hear. :)

No comments: