Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Gentlemen Are Rare...Can We Not Recognize One?

Last night my parents decided to go out for dinner. They pulled up to the restaurant they were going to eat at and my dad hopped out and opened the door for my mom. She got out, and as they started to go into the front door, a lady who worked there (apparently on her break) standing by asked them, "Was the door broken from the inside or something?" My parents had no idea what she was referring to, so they just kind of looked at her for a minute. "Oh!" she said, "You were opening the door for her! That is the sweetest thing!"
It just so happened that later that evening she was their waitress, and throughout the night doted on their every "need"; making sure their drinks were always full, giving the free bread sticks and even somehow getting their bill to an extremely low amount for what they had purchased.

All because my dad was a gentleman to his wife.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only all waitresses were that nice! :)

I want your waitress at my table next time! :)

Blessings,
KallyLyn
Following Matthew 5:16
www.brightlight08.blogspot.com

LocaChica said...

It's sad that it's more rare to see a guy treat his wife correctly, than to see him treat her incorrectly. I'm so thankful for men like your dad and mine who treat their wives for the women they are :)
LocaChica

Rose said...

Wonderful! We need more men like your dad.

Rachel said...

Wow! That is why it's so important to not only speak about the gospel, but to also portray a godly example! Especially when we are out in the world! =:D

Blessings!
~Rachel~

Kayla said...

Aww, what a sweet story. This just goes to show us that the world is always watching!

Michaela said...

Wow! That is amazing, yet also sad. It means that gentlemen have become very rare. May God raise up more true gentlemen to do His will!

Unknown said...

I agree with Paulina!

Anonymous said...

Aww, that was nice of the waitress. It's really encouraging when people recognize you for what you do, especially when you don't expect it to be noticed.
~Stephanie

Lexie said...

That is so beautiful! Your dad sure is setting a wonderful example. Men like that are rare jewels.

Anonymous said...

When I'm with my husband I always stand in front of the door and wait for him to open it. He laughs.