Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Awards




I have been awarded by Miss Rebekah for both the "Kreativ Blogger Award" and an award in Portuguese. :) Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate it, and am proud to be able to award other bloggy "friends".

Before I pass on the "Kreativ Blogger Award", I've got to follow the rules, which state, "The recipient is to list six things that make him/her happy before subsequently passing forward the glee to others." So, here are six things that make me happy:

- Surprises
- Thoughtfulness
- Giving to others
- Getting mail
- Receiving hugs and kisses from my siblings - something they don't douse out frequently!
(Although Baby MIT has been showering me with kisses lately... :)
- Finding and reading new, good books


First off, I would like to award Mother Dearest at Fresh Thoughts From the Laundry Room the Kreativ Bloggy Award. Mom is very creative, always having such good ideas of what to blog about, how to write things and ways to make your blog more fun. Also, she is creative in other ways too. I can always turn to her for a thought on how to make dinner out of practically nothing (funny, isn't it, when your cupboards are full, and it seems there's nothing to make?), a way I could organize something or how to decorate a card so that a certain type of personality might like it. The list is endless! So, I hereby award you, Mom, the Kreativ Blogger Award.

I have one more person to give this award to: Miss Jocelyn, of A Pondering Heart. Now, I know Miss Jocelyn has probably gotten a hundred awards, but I really believe this one could be added to her list, if it hasn't been already. My reason for awarding Miss Jocelyn is because she is continually writing about something new. I love that! I always enjoy reading what she's wrote about, as usually it's something I haven't seen on anyone else's blog. I also like how she presents things in such a fresh way. It's never hard to keep reading one of her posts, since they are always creative and interesting. I hereby award you, Miss Jocelyn, the Kreativ Blogger Award.

The second award Miss Rebekah gave me was, like I said, in Portuguese.

Here is the wording for this special award: To translate the gift from Portuguese to English, it means:


"This blog invests and believes, the proximity" (meaning, that blogging makes us 'close' -being close through proxy)

"They all are charmed with the blogs, where in the majority of its aims are to show the marvels and to do friendship; there are persons who are not interested when we give them a prize, and then they help to cut these bows; do we want that they are cut, or that they propagate? Then let's try to give more attention to them! So with this prize we must deliver it to bloggers that in turn must make the same thing and put this text."

I would like to award the ladies at Princesses in Disguise this Proximity award. For the past year or so, I have enjoyed being continuously kept up to date by Kayla, Stephanie and Allison on the events and happenings of their family. I have been pen-pals with Stephanie for a couple of years now, and even though I love writing through "snail-mail", I think reading her and her sisters' blog has helped me get to know her better. Also, it's fun! So, Princesses, I hereby award you the Proximity Award.

Congratulations, everyone! And thanks again, Miss Rebekah, for awarding me. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... thanks, Seren. What you didn't mention here is what I have in creativity, you have in your ability to read directions and understand and follow them - something I totally lack - so we make a great team! With out you I won't have done half the things we've worked on together!!!

Love you!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Awww you are so sweet! THank you for your sweet and kinds words. I am flattered! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the award, Serenity! I've really enjoyed getting to know you too!
Love ya,
Steph