Monday, October 27, 2008

The Lord is Great!

Psalm 29
Ascribe to the Lord, O mighty ones,
ascribe to the Lord glory and strength
Ascribe to the Lord the Glory due his name;
worship the Lord in the splendor of his
holiness.
The voice of the Lord is over the waters;
the God of glory thunders,
the Lord thunders over the mighty waters.
The voice of the Lord is powerful;
the voice of the Lord is majestic.
The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars;
He makes Lebanon skip like a calf,
Siron like a young wild ox.
The voice of the Lord shakes the desert;
the Lord shakes the Desert of Kadesh.
The voice of the Lord twists the oaks
and strips the forests bare.
And in his temple all cry, "Glory!"

The Lord sits enthroned over the flood;
the Lord is enthroned as King forever.
The Lord gives strength to his people;
the Lord blesses his people with peace.

Doesn't that chapter just leave you in awe of the Lord? Whenever I read it, I am always amazed at how awesome and powerful our God is. And yet, even though He is so strong, He is always there to comfort and tenderly hold His children. I am very thankful for such a powerful and gracious King!

Psalm 29 reminds me of one of my favorite songs to sing, I Stand in Awe. As you read the lyrics, praise the Lord for his majestic power and love!

You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom?
Who can fathom the depth of Your love?
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above

And I stand, I stand in awe of You
I stand, I stand in awe of You
Holy God, to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of You.

2 comments:

Dalyn said...

Love the Psalms...I'm studying the Psalms of Ascent right now...lovely, huh?!

Anonymous said...

You're right! I'm reading through the Psalms right now, and I'm amazed at how powerful God is! I'm glad He has so many facets to His nature - He's loving and mighty at the same time!
~Stephanie