Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Well, we arrived safely, although tiredly, home on Sunday at about four in the afternoon. We had been up since three o'clock in the morning (midnight at our house) driving, waiting, flying, waiting, flying and driving... I can assure you that I'm ready to have a nice non-driving and flying time here at home!


Something that I really enjoyed at the end of our trip was meeting a distant cousin whom I've never met - the last World War One Vet, Frank W. Buckles at the Buckles reunion. For the last three or four months he has been famous in our house... really! Even my six year old brother likes to be at the computer when we see he's the ABC news "person of the week", featured on the Yahoo homepage or mentioned on some other "big" place. I was able to talk to him for a little while, which was really neat, and get a few pictures with him.

I definetly enjoyed our trip! It was most certainly an amazing experience.



No comments: